“Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They look at the television.”
Television is a most important invention which invented in the twentieth century. It is the famous and medium of enjoyment for people. It entertains to the people from the boringness. In today’s world, the tv is greater than Radio.
We can enjoy the tv, because it shows the cinema, a football and cricket match, news and serials. It gives more and more entertainment to the whole family.
Nowadays, Almost at the every home tv available and it becomes familiar. Some people have this facility. The TV programs are sources of pleasure to young and old, sick and disabled persons.
Television is a good for everyone to care his health because its primary source is both entertainment and education. The world seems to have become small because of tv. We can see with our eyes the events that take place hundred and thousands of kilometers away from us. Thus, tv is a powerful medium of mass communication.
History of the television in India
Television started in India in September 1959. The first programs presented on tv mean for schools and rural area. The television up delinked from the All-India Radio in April 1976.
The tv setup was called Doordarshan. The Ninth Asian Games held in New Delhi in November 1982. Doordarshan started telecasting some programs in color. At present, our color tv has a unique charm for the public.
Value of the television
- It gives happiness to the whole family by entertainment and joyful.
- It gives the number of knowledge to the students from the particular education television channel.
- It shows the sports channel, which brings such excitement to that person who is interested in it.
Uses of Television
- Television is useful for developing country like India.
- It plays an important role to build our economy.
- It is very helpful for the farmer, those not educated about the agriculture, and they do not know the scientific methods of farming.
- Tv is essential to educate the Indian farmers about the proper farming.
- It is more profitable for that person, who don’t know about the small family. It shows the family planning scheme advertises for everyone.
- By the family planning system, people will know how to control the population of India.
- Television helps to expand the huge number of knowledge use between to us.
- The tv programmed chief is one and only to give knowledge and promote the national integration.
- It also brings the knowledge of the cultural unity of the country.
- India is the huge country, and it has a large number of different religions, cultures, and languages.
- Tv can easily promote to the national integration.
- People can develop the international understanding through the tv programs.
Advantages of Television
People can inform of all happenings and developments in the country in economic, industrial and political fields. Government activities for the wellbeing of the nation can televise.
Country Affairs Information
We can have a look at the conferences and seminars, giving aims, objectives, and achievements of the country in various fields. It very benefits able for us.
It provides entertainment to the people of every age and has taken the place of cinema. Now we can enjoy movies, dramas, matches, cooking shows, etc. without going anywhere. When all members of the family sit together for a program, it improves the family relationship.
Creates Awareness for students
There are also special programs for students to build awareness about their career. Students can gain a lot of information by watching informative programs like animal planet, national geographic, etc.
Disadvantages of the Television
Excessive use of the tv can also impact on the eyesight problems in early ages. It is the biggest problem of the television, which creates problems for the whole life.
If students watch tv all the night, they cannot awake early in the morning and so their school, college activities can be affected. It also creates the bad habit by the excessive watch of the tv.
If homemakers watch television all day, then they cannot complete they home tasks at a time which can result in domestic problems and makes unnecessary violence in the home.
Harmful impact by different television shows
Different movies and dramas can severely affect one’s moral values, because sometimes the movie or show is only fantasy but one can take it seriously.
Television should be used in a moderate way, because it also makes much electricity along with all disadvantages. The excessive use of television can be harm for us. Everyone should go for the limited watch to the tv because excessive use of tv is wrong socially, morally, and economically.
Share this on WhatsApp
This page provides essay, short paragraph and full essay on television advantages and disadvantages.
4 lines about television advantages and disadvantages
- Television is the most common and cheap mode of media in use
- Television communicates the daily happenings to the world.
- Television has both advantages and disadvantages.
- Television can be of great use for education, daily updates worldwide and a good entertainment.
- Television is considered as the greatest distraction for students on the other hand.
Television advantages and disadvantages – Short Essay
Communication is a vital need for the whole world till date. One of the very prominent and common media for communication is Television. There would be no home without a television in today’s world. Television helps the people to get updated on daily happenings in the world. One of the biggest family entertainments is Television. Educational channels are also available in Television. While having a television at home seems to be a great advantage, the disadvantages are also threatening. The time it consumes from our day to day life is more. You can see people going out of routines or postponing schedules if they become addict to watching television.
Television advantages and disadvantages – Full Essay
Television is considered a vast media for communication. Television is at the same time considered a media running in everyone’s home carrying misinformation. Likewise, there are so many debates on the advantages and disadvantages of television. Strictly speaking, this is true. Television carries the news from one corner of the world to another at the same time it carries so many unwanted programs.
The educational programs in television are innumerable. Lots of programs are available on Science and Technology. Current news is made available with audio and visuals through television. Many learning programs and social programs are also telecasted in many channels. This will be a great way to induce/motivate people to know and excel in their field of expertise.
Women at home rely on television as their best companion. Women today at home cannot imagine a day without television. They can also find television as a medium to bring everyone in the family together for some time.
Many animated programs and cartoon channels are telecasted for kids and children. Programs that are informative and teach them easily are also available in such channels. This also occupies the children when they are done with their assignements!
For people who work the whole day, Television is a big stress buster. Watching various channels, fun programs and songs would give them great relief.
With the growth of television channels, competition between various channels has slowly increased through years. In such a scenario, relying on information telecasted becomes a challenge. Channels telecast news depending upon their media requirements.
Children start to become addicts to Television. This ultimately spoils their studies. Though educational programs are telecasted in Television, kids and children tend to watch only cartoon programs and time consuming programs.
Another great disadvantage is that watching Television for long hours might disturb a person’s sleep cycle, routine and severely affect one’s health too.
Television definitely induces people to shift from needs to wants. The advertisements telecasted in TV’s attract people to change their brands, increase their needs and wants; most important is children start pestering for stuff that are telecasted on Television.
Though television played a vital role in carrying news and information across the world, after the advent of computers and internet, it has considerably lost its importance in the society.
Incoming search terms:
- essay on advantages and disadvantages of television 170-200 words
- advantages and disadvantages of television wikipedia
- advantage of tv
- advantage of television
- 10 lines on television
- essay on television for class 7
- Essay on television
- essay on advantages and disadvantages of television 200 words
- advantages of television
- Advantage and disadvantage of television
(Visited 9,904 times, 142 visits today)