Project manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a project manager, or download the project manager cover letter template in Word.
When it comes to completing a job from start to finish, the value of clarity and good communication can’t be overstated. To be considered for top project manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a project manager, or download the project manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about project management careers and look for project manager jobs on Monster.
Project manager letter template
Georgia Smith, pmp
Sometown, TN 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
August 10, 2017
Ms. Barbara Washington
55 Main St.
Sometown, TN 55555
Re: Project Manager, Job Ref. #12345, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Washington:
I was excited to read ABC Company’s posting for a project manager. I offer 11 years of experience executing project delivery for multimillion-dollar, strategic client projects involving:
Most recently as project manager for XYZ Company, I delivered results such as:
- $23.5M in cost savings as lead of an enterprise-wide IT productivity program and development of a multi-year strategic roadmap enabling more informed decision making.
- 10% revenue boost (YTD) as leader of a $2M, enterprise-wide implementation of business intelligence applications for DEF Stores, which also facilitated supply chain decisions, improved store configuration, enhanced customer satisfaction and increased promotional sales.
- Management of a complex implementation of Oracle ERP, sun-setting SAP environment and seamlessly integrating a new platform without interrupting business operations.
Reinforcing my project and team management experience are credentials that include Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, multiple certifications (Six Sigma Green Belt, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) and Microsoft Dynamics NAV), a BS in Computer Information Systems and an in-progress MBA.
Blending business, technical and people management skills to plan and execute IT projects, I am confident that I would contribute to successful IT project completions for ABC Company. You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time.
Georgia Smith, PMP
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Project Managers oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of a short-term projects that have a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables.
The cover letter is essentially a more polite version of a candidate’s resume because it lists all of his or her accomplishments and experience while also allowing him or her to be properly introduced to a prospective employer. That’s why it is so important that your cover letter is friendly but professional and that it provides an accurate snapshot of your career thus far.
A sample cover letter for a Project Manager which accurately lists the skills and experience required for this position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Project Manager resume samples.
Dear Mr. Dustin Briggs:
With a proven background directing Project Management, Process Analysis, Leadership Development, Technical Operations, Data Analysis, and Compliance activities for a top Fortune 500 organization, I have delivered quality solutions with a focus on exceptional client service. I posses a record of success analyzing business operations, then designing and instituting process improvements that work to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
I possess expert skills in problem resolution, planning, monitoring, reporting, resource management, quality, and risk management as well as serving as a reputable change agent. Consistently delivering technology integration projects on time and on budget, I have a strong background leading virtual teams with a track record of high client satisfaction. I offer proven success identifying and resolving project constraints, resulting in 100% on-time and on-budget delivery.
My leadership style focuses on engaging team members to communicate, dynamically solve problems and deliver the highest quality solutions. I am currently seeking to provide your organization with the above skills in a Project Manager role.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Achieved implementation of a Right Placement Program operations model, including yearly assessments evaluating 1100 software applications. Identified a transition of 35 applications to a Managed Services model, resulting in $8M cost savings for 2009.
- Established significant expense reductions of $10M cost savings in 2008 and $4.2M in 2009 through identification, analysis, and coordinating High Cost Contractor transition to lower cost providers.
- Achieved Director’s Award for superior performance on 2003 Audit Team. Brought the Cards IT organization into compliance with newly released policy by completing gap analysis and remediation work for 4 of 13 management areas. Created Quality Assurance tests, resulting in a Satisfactory OCC Audit rating.
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.
Raymond Collier, MBA